‘DIG’ INSTRUCTIONS < Read Performance Art Instructions
PLAN FOR FILMING – AUSTRALIA:
- Organise participants to come to the event.
- Upon arriving at filming location: Choose area for performance art piece to take place and set up gear.
- Filming will begin once it is dark enough to get the maximum effect out of using car headlights/hunting lights as main film light source.
- Performance art piece will be filmed in one take with one group member over-all directing, one operating lighting, and one operating Camera 2 for close-ups.
- No matter what happens during the event, filming will take place until the planned ending of the performance.
- Following a break for food, more experimental filming will take place. This should be spontaneous and unplanned. Whether or not it will make the final cut will be determined during editing – it will possibly be cut between shots of the performance piece if it works. This would be an act of documenting the vibe of the setting for the performance.
INDIVIDUAL ROLES: EMILY // SELIN // ZOE
PLAN FOR EDITING:
- Aaron will receive footage from the performance night and will commence initial edit.
- Group members in Sydney will receive Aaron’s edit and add (if any) necessary final adjustments.
- Footage from Japan recorded at the same time of the performance will be overlayed (possibly a mock projection) to show what was going on at the same time.